Our Mission and Goals
To promote the welfare of people with kidney disease and their families by providing ongoing support and by monitoring and influencing renal services.
People with kidney disease and their families achieving for themselves an acceptable lifestyle and quality of life.
Our Strategic Goals
- People with kidney disease and their families have access to quality information, advice and support services
- Renal services are monitored and influenced effectively
- Kidney Society services are available throughout New Zealand
- More people are aware of kidney disease and the work of the Kidney Society
We believe that people with kidney disease have the right, whenever possible and within available resources, to:
- make their own choices and have a say in what happens to them
- have involvement in their treatment
- have access to up to date information on which to base decisions about their treatment options
- support that meets their own goals, needs and values
- services provided by people who validate their experiences and concerns and who are professional and caring
- services provided in a manner that respects all cultures and ethnicities
- services that respect that everyone is part of a family and a community